- Always wear your dosimetry badge when working.
- Do not wear your X-Ray Badge (dosimeter) when you are receiving x-rays for your own personal
- Do not wear your badge when you go home, or out for lunch.
- Wear your dosimetry badge outside of your lead apron (unless using more than one radiation dosimeter).
- Turn your x-ray badge in promptly. Time gaps make analysis more difficult, less
accurate, and reduces the legal and historical value of the reports.
- Report any lost/damaged unit immediately (sunshine/heat, the washer, etc.). Prevent damage by not leaving your monitor in areas of high temperature.
- Place the control in a radiation-safe area; this affects the accuracy of all your
- Your Control Badge is NOT for testing (operator booth, receptionist's desk, etc.).
Additional badges for testing can be assigned and provided by Sierra Radiation
- Sharing dosimetry badges can invalidate the reading for each individual.
- Do not tamper with your badge or anyone else's. The reports are legal documents
and are regarded as real exposures received.